Since 1999, the EMS Cooperative has developed a number of initiatives assisting members to improve their EMS service for international express customers worldwide, including:
- Audit and Measurement programme – measuring the performance of EMS operators worldwide.
- EMS Pay-for-performance – to drive performance improvements EMS Pay-for-performance links payment for delivery of EMS items to the quality of service performed.
- EMS Performance Awards – on the basis of the Audit and Measurement Programme results, EMS Cooperative members that achieve high levels of delivery performance are recognized by Gold, Silver and Bronze EMS Performance Awards.
- Customer Service System – an online system for postal operators, provides an efficient and effective means of communication to improve EMS call centre service to customers.
- EMS Customer Care Awards recognize high quality replies and requests sent through the Customer Service System.
- Online resources – EMS Cooperative members can access the full EMS Cooperative website and the EMS Operational Guide online database
To help members improve their quality of service the Cooperative delivers a programme of training and events including
- EMS Global Workshops and the annual EMS Cooperative General Assembly
- EMS Symposiums for Senior Management
- Regional training
- Topic-based training, such as EMS Pay-for-performance or reports workshops
- Individual operator performance reviews.